There's nothing I love more than busting through myths about plus size women. Myths like we can't rock bikinis because we're fat. That lie has been perpetuated by the diet industries "Bikini Body" ads, sunk into our psyche, and made many of feel like we had to kill ourselves to "get ready for Summer". Fact check...WE READY! We're wearing two piece bathing suits...or what's fondly known as fatkinis and we're loving it! In honor of National Bikini Day, I thought I'd round of 10 plus size beauties from Instagram using #Fatkini...plus size bloggers, models, and just regular curvy ladies, who aren't afraid to show some skin at the beach in their bikinis as a way to remind you that bikini season doesn't have a size limit.
1. Plus Size Blogger Gabi Fresh looks amazing in this color-blocked 2 piece.
2. Plus Size Model Jennifer Buckingham looking hot in a strappy monokini style bathing suit....werk it girl!
3. Plus Size Blogger Nicole of Curves on a Budget is super cute in this black and white stripped keyhole halter with peach colored bottoms. I love how this look came together!
4. Chriss Collette is a curvy beauty who looks amazing in her hot pink and black fatkini and is having tons of fun!
5. "Morbid Blonde" Elizabeth making waves in with her Motorhead tee and floral fatkini bottoms.
6. Texas Hot Mama Antoinette and friend looking joyful in their fatkinis. Wish I were there!!
7. Plus Size Blogger Jolene of Board Room Blonde is showstopping in her floral print fatkini!
8. Bopo Feminist Melissa looks like she's having the time of her life....love it!
9. MUA Blayke looks awesome in this graphic black and white fatkini. Glad you found your swimsuit girl!
10. Fellow Long Beachian (not sure if that's right) and Model Elizabeth rocking a vintage style 2 piece and look amazing!!
Want more plus size 2-piece inspo? Just search Instagram for #Fatkini.
I hope this inspired you to stop worrying about what the world thinks and to do what feels right for you. Wear what you want because YOU want to, not because you want to make someone else more comfortable. Now get out there and rock your Summer body!
Yolanda, Just Curves CEO